Before I continue rhapsodizing about the person behind MECHANIZEDLIFE , let me give you a peek of the camera hud she invented. I took a picture wearing the hud that comes with the gadget and below is the result. The amazing thing about it is that it's easy to use and it comes with many different options. An idiot proof gadget with options? An absolute winner in my book.



[14:00]  Freyja Brim: It takes a lot of patience to make/do scripts ... and excuse the double standard but this is usually a man's turf because women just don't have enough patience and analytical prowess for stuff like that.


This was where we left off, right? That moment where BASTI had to pause the interview for a glass of water. And that same moment where I spent a bit of time twiddling my thumb while worrying if that remark sounded too sexist. And this was how she fielded the question, gracefully at that.



[14:00]  CodeBastard Redgrave: False. It's all a question of focus and motivation. The ex-owner of MechanizedLife is a girl, too. And one brainy chick. Geek girls are more and more into this kind of stuff. And yes, it sure is a question of personal interest which I don't think is defined by any biological markers. Girls are as smart and have as much analytic mind as boys. But some of us like shiny things so we get distracted.


I did see a shiny penny. Got distracted on cue (way to go eh?). Then the topic switched to girl talk and how she got her name.


Freyja Brim: And someday, when you write your autobiography, there should be one whole page devoted to explaining why such a lovely face has an incredibly hard ass name.


CodeBastard Redgrave: Hahahahaha!  I can do better than that, wait.


And here are some snippets on her blog article explaining the whole shebang. Turned out I wasn't very original with the question about her name, after all:


"First, everyone knows I’m a programmer. Hence the “Code”. 

But so indelicate! Why such rudeness? Well first, fuck off. Yes this name has been chosen to fend off superficial, inane, insipid minds. Don’t like the name? Don’t talk to me. Also it is quite asexual, I thought I would get less harassment and dick heads if I chose a name that was something other than Lollipop Sucka (okay okay I’m pushing it). And maby some people would hold me in respect, taking me for something else than a hooker or just a fine piece of ass (which I am, really).

It was my mischievous hacker nick before I went into SL. So I searched for last names. I love red, it has always been my favorite color, even since I am a kid. And “grave” sounds so edgy and tough. Sounds like a blood covered tombstone. OK I will take it. So it is quite naturally that Code Red went in mind.

CodeBastard Redgrave. Wow, sounds awesome. And I was born. The looks and booty followed."

Freyja Brim: Ok. The most that I got is this burning desire to call myself Lollipop Sucka. And let it be known to all that I will personally call you Basti. It's uber cool without losing your claim to complexity and granite aversion to being fawned by retards.

CodeBastard Redgrave: Hahahahahahaha! *chokes on my martini and dies* Basti.. yeah i like it


Freyja Brim: Me, I prefer to be called Harlot. But only after 6pm.


And that was how I'd like to conclude this wonderful tete-a-tete with the fabulous BASTI. I would really love to put in the whole transcript in here but the rest are mostly girlish gabbing which would probably take up the whole page. I found out she's French Canadian and that she has very high tolerance for my ultra bright facelight which I totally forgot to take off after I took some pictures prior to the interview. Yes, I was properly mortified but she gracefully declined my offer to shoulder her lasik treatment.


Please take the time to visit BOUDOIR ROUGE POSES and MECHANIZEDLIFE. Both are worth checking out and I can personally vouch that you will enjoy what she has to offer.


FOOTNOTES: The outfit I was wearing in the picture is from the Lucky Chair at ELATE! where I also got the tiny top hat. The bracelet is a dollarbie from DONNA FLORA.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home