How often do you find yourself getting lucky in SecondLife? And by lucky, I don't mean to imply the joys of pose balls and pixelated acrobatics on a sex bed.


What I meant was, in this huge grid full of people aspiring to hone their fastidious affectations (myself included), it is such a refreshing change to come across a person who is totally devoid of self-righteous importance despite her monumental achievements. 


The metaversal universe took pity on my pathetic boredom and threw an amazing opportunity at me to meet his uber cool and self proclaimed geek chick. She has invented the FilterCam in SecondLife which is one dream gadget for both photographers and videographers alike. She is also a master in the field of scripting and is the sexy proprietress of BOUDOIR ROUGE POSES


So, it's just fitting that I mark this day as a proud moment for The Bargain Bin as CODEBASTARD REDGRAVE agreed to be part of my little corner in cyber space. CODIE to her friends but in my sterling moment of audacity, I told her I have christened her with a new name, BASTI. From here onwards folks, we will call her that. 



[13:47]  Freyja Brim: Very nice to finally "meet" you!


[13:48]  CodeBastard Redgrave: *Grins

[13:48]  CodeBastard Redgrave: Well, very nice to meet such an uber fan girl, too!


[13:48]  Freyja Brim: Sorry i couldn't bring my placard.


And that was how the ambush interview started. Off to a roaring flurry of keyboard sounds as I tried to maintain my composure and prayed that I would not gush too much about how delirious I was to have met her.


[13:54]  Freyja Brim: So, what is it that you do in SL besides spreading your genius with the camera?


[13:54]  CodeBastard Redgrave: Well, you already know about the Photography/Machinima part


[13:54]  Freyja Brim: And the poses


[13:55]  CodeBastard Redgrave: I mostly spend a lot of time creating clever gadgets to try and improve people's life in-world and I'm also a scripter. Recently, I acquired MECHANIZEDLIFE and their current range of products, so that makes me the proud owner of one of the most extensive scripted product catalog in SL.


[13:57]  Freyja Brim: That sounds so important when I put it alongside my profession .. "Shopper and Occassional Blogger".


[13:58]  CodeBastard Redgrave: Hey, it takes everything to make a world. If you weren't a shopaholic, I would go bankrupt.


[13:58]  Freyja Brim: LOL... true that!  *fluffs hair* But it takes a lot of patience to make/do scripts. Much less, invent a gadget! And excuse the double standard but this is usually a man's turf because women just don't have enough patience and analytical prowess for stuff like that.


OK. WAIT!! Stop throwing rotten tomatoes at me, ladies! It was a personal opinion which does not reflect universal truth, ok?! It really only reflects me. Teehee. Now back to regular programming.


And at this point, she had to go AFK for a bit to get a glass of water. And I was thinking.. uh oh, maybe I offended her with my comment about women not being at par with the opposite gender?


Also, I'm doing this by series because I fully understand that the world today is afflicted with this notorious case of Attention Deficit Disorder. So until next time, darlings. Stay tuned for more!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home